Background

Monday, July 5, 2010

Punked

I've been punked. By birds. They're like Ashton Kutcher without the punch line. I like strawberries and it turns out birds do too. I woke up the other morning to a disheveled strawberry bed and ditto on the beefsteak tomatoes. It's like they thought it would be fun to kick a bunch of my dirt out. That's expensive dirt and I don't appreciate that. 


Two of my strawberry leaves had been torn up by the roots and thrown aside. These birds mean business! On 2 of my tomato plants, birds left me a little present too. How nice of them. Bleccchh! I'm not sure what to do about that, but I figure that's just nature. Soil is manure so who cares if it comes from birds, right? 


I had been considering if I should buy netting and/or pesticide and this just solidifies my decision. I got both.  Take a look at my ruined strawberry leaves. I'll spare you the bird poop. You're welcome.


NOT WHERE I LEFT THEM:
2 STRAWBERRY LEAVES WITH ROOTS

No comments:

Post a Comment