Background

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Herbilicious!

I am so proud!! I just finished my first meal using products from my garden. I came across a super simple recipe highlighting herbs. It's pasta, I used whole wheat, with herbs and olive oil. That's it. You cut the herbs and put them in a bowl, heat olive oil and pour over the herbs. Pour al dente pasta over the herbs and oil and mix! I added a little grated pecorino romano cheese on top too. De-LISH-ous!

It truly highlighted the herbs that I used. I used basil and chives since that's what I'm growing, of course. I have more chives than basil so I used more chives than basil. I realize that's a logic that may take you awhile to understand. Such complex concepts are for the uber-brilliant, you see.

I forgot to take photos before I dug in, so below are the pics of the leftovers. Hubby is recovering from a small bout of food poisoning so food just isn't his thing at the moment. Okay - more for me! (And before you even ask, let me cut you off at the pass. NO, I did not poison him.) He still had a bite and I think he enjoyed it. At least, he had this twitch that I'm interpreting as a twitch of approval. Really, you must try this if you can. And the scent of the basil being brought into the apartment just can not be beat. If nothing else grows in my garden this year, I may be disappointed but I have a feeling the glow from the simple success of tonight will last me a good long while.



Whole wheat pasta, basil, chives, olive oil, pecorino romano cheese, salt and pepper

1 comment: