Background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Month 1 Garden Update

It has been 1 month to the day since I have started my gardening journey. And people, I've done it! I have grown a tomato!!! There's a scene in the movie Castaway where Tom Hanks spends weeks trying to start a fire. And then when he finally does it, he yells, to no one at all, "I have made fire!" That's how I feel. I have made 'maters!!


What has appeared are a couple of the cherry tomatoes. That's right, a couple of them. Meaning, 2, which is more than 1. So, not a fluke, right? 


I do remember this being the plant that I didn't want in the first place. It was the mistake purchase. And now I am sooo glad I got it. It's given me my first success, and momentum to continue with this! When my flowers wilt, my tomato leaves curl (on a different plant), and my pepper flowers turn brown and fall off, these 2 little round green things are keeping my spirits totally alive. Thank you cherry tomatoes! When can I eat you?


Photos of my 2 new babies are below. As well as a comparison from day 1 and day 30. Amazing. I think I'm liking this whole gardening thing.


My first cherry tomato!

Notice the 2nd tomato in the back. Success!
My Garden, Day 1
My tomato plants, 1 month from purchase - not a bad progression!



Oh right. This is the reason I needed the good news of tomato growth. No more petunias on this side of the pot.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! The City Gardener. Tomatoes reign! Cherry Tomatoes that is! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you!I Almost feel like giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete