Background

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Strawberry Whine

I want strawberries NOOOOOWWWW!!! Why can't I have them? "Pick off the blooms." "Don't let berries grow the first year." "Let the root system develop instead."  Blah, blah, blah.  Phooey on the experts. They don't know me OR my garden.


Fine. 


I plucked. 


My oh-so-cute, never-hurt-nobody strawberries are no more. There is a fruit graveyard on my deck and I am feeling guilty. It seems like a sweet opportunity lost. As an aspiring container gardener, I should be feeling pride in my rule-abiding self. Instead, I want to lie on the floor, pound my fists, and scream like a banshee. (What do screaming banshees sound like, anyway?)  Next year's strawberries better be big, bad and tasting of awesomeness. That's all I'm sayin'.


MY FIRST GRAVEYARD
4 STRAWBERRY VICTIMS AND A FEW OOPS'ES

1 comment: