Background

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sneak Attack

This morning, I sat on the deck to read since the weather was cooler and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I went inside to do a few chores, and when I went back out a few hours later, I discovered that I was attacked while I was away. There were these mysterious and pretty sizable holes in my peppers!!! This was on the larger plant, not my Wilbur. The runt has been left alone for now.

Anyone want to tell me what could have done this and how to prevent it in the future? I have netting around all my plants so I didn't think birds could get to them without getting tangled up, especially since these bites are on the underside of one of the larger peppers in the middle of the plant! I don't think the caterpillars I got rid of yesterday came back. I looked high and low and didn't see a trace of them. Although I guess it's possible. Does anyone have a clue??

The first sign I had been the victim of a sneak attack.
This just makes me so sad! One of my largest, now handicapped, green peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment